Cookie dough that is high in protein AND can be eaten raw?! It almost sounds unreal (almost).
Behold edible protein cookie dough, i.e. the most filling + nutritious chocolate chip cookie dough… like ever?
Not only is it PACKED with TWO forms of plant-based protein, but it is also naturally sweetened, and full of gut-friendly fiber!
Okay, enough with the talking, we have some important cookie dough business to attend to:
Protein-Packed Cookie Dough
The key to high-protein cookie dough lies in TWO simple ingredients:
2) Vanilla pea protein powder
Chickpeas may sound like a strange ingredient to add to a sweet recipe, but not to worry– their flavor is masked by the other ingredients! Plus, they are incredibly rich in fiber and essential nutrients like iron and folate.
Of course, classic chocolate chip cookie dough isn’t complete without plenty of vanilla flavor! In addition to providing real cookie dough flavor, vanilla pea protein is also a great source of bio-available protein.
Compared to other plant-based proteins, such as soy and hemp, pea protein has a digestibility rating that is closer to whey, meaning it is more easily absorbed and utilized by the body!
Thankfully, this edible cookie dough only requires a handful of simple ingredients:
⬦ Vanilla pea protein powder
⬦ Almond butter (or sub cashew butter)
⬦ Maple syrup (or other liquid sweetener of choice)
⬦ Vanilla extract
⬦ Chocolate chips (obviously not optional!)
Ways to Eat up Chickpea Cookie Dough:
Enjoy it as a dip with sliced apples
Layer it into a jar of overnight oats
Spread it on crackers
Roll it into protein snack balls
(Shamelessly) eat it with a spoon (!!)
Edible Protein Cookie Dough
This healthy (edible!) cookie dough is packed with PROTEIN + full of nutritious goodness. All you need is a handful of simple ingredients!
- 1 (14 oz) can chickpeas, thoroughly rinsed + drained
- 1/3-1/2 cup vanilla pea protein powder (add to taste; amount will depend on the flavor/sweetness of the brand you use; or sub almond flour + add more vanilla/sweetener to taste)
- 1/2 cup unsalted almond or cashew butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or sub sugar-free syrup, brown rice syrup, agave, etc.)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 2-3 dashes milk/water, as needed
- Good pinch or two salt (to taste)
- ~1/3-1/2 cup chocolate chips/chunks of choice
- 1 chewy caramel (or other flavored) protein bar, chopped (optional)
Blend the ingredients (minus the chocolate chips + protein bar) in a high-powered blender or food-processor until mostly smooth. Add a couple dashes of milk or water as needed to help combine the ingredients and achieve a creamier consistency. Taste and add more protein powder, syrup, and/or vanilla, if desired.
Mix in the chocolate chips and chopped protein bar. Keep in a tightly-sealed container or jar in the fridge for ~4-5 days. You can also roll the dough into balls and store them in the freezer for longer!